Russell Scanlan provides the answer for Cancer Research UK
Insurance broking and risk managing firm Russell Scanlan held a hugely successful quiz night on Friday 21st September 2012 at Trent Bridge Cricket Ground in Nottingham, raising £2,200 in support of Cancer Research UK.
Over 80 brain-boxes turned out to test their knowledge in aid of this fantastic cause from across the Midlands business community.
Teams were put through their paces over twelve tough rounds of questioning. Topics were wide ranging, covering geography, history, general knowledge, pot luck, TV times and music. There was also a video, picture, family fortunes and missing word round which really stretched the memory bank!
The evening was packed full of friendly competition, as individuals battled it out for the top spot and a series of auction prizes. These included:
- a framed white England cricket shirt donated by Russell Scanlan’s Commercial Servicing Director Eric Screaton, signed by members of the 1994 West Indies touring team.
- a round of golf for four people at the luxury Celtic Manor Roman Road Ryder Cup course in Wales, courtesy of Zurich Insurance;
- four tickets to a Premiership Rugby Match, and a signed and framed Blue Brit England cricket shirt, donated by QBE;
- a signed Norwich City Football, courtesy of Aviva;
- a Leinster rugby shirt signed by the current European champions including Brian O’Driscoll, from Pat Towers, Private Client Development Executive from Russell Scanlan;
- and a meal for two at Hart’s Restaurant in Nottingham, the city’s multi-award winning, top fine dining venue.
The British Drilling and Freezing Co Ltd team came up trumps overall, beating off stiff competition to clinch the winner’s trophy. HSKS Greenhalgh Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors secured the wooden spoon!
Managing Director of Russell Scanlan Bryan Banbury, who hosted the event, was taken aback by the generosity of those attending. He said: “People really have dug deep into their pockets, stretching their brain cells in the process, all for a super cause. I’d personally like to thank everyone for their contributions and for making our event so successful.”
2012 is an important milestone for Russell Scanlan which is celebrating its 130th anniversary this year. The East Midlands based firm chose to mark the occasion by supporting the world's leading cancer charity, which has also been around for over 100 years and is dedicated to saving lives by discovering new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
Russell Scanlan's 29 members of staff have been raising money continually throughout this anniversary year for Cancer Research UK with the support of partners, clients and business associates. Cancer Research UK is also the nominated charity of Unitas Alliance Ltd which represents Russell Scanlan and 12 other of the largest and highly respected independent regional insurance brokers across the UK.
Russell Scanlan is one of the country’s leading insurance broking and risk managing companies. It has a rich history, and has gone from strength to strength over the years, adapting through times of significant change to become the successful and proudly independent business it is today.
For pictures of the event go to: http://pinterest.com/russellscanlan/work-hard-play-hard/