Specialist independent insurance for breweries, distillers and the drinks industry
For over a decade, we have been providing specialist insurance cover for micro-brewers and craft beer producers through our unique Masterbrew product. More recently we have extended our offer to cover distillers and the wider drinks industry.
As one of the first insurance brokers to specialise in beer and as long-standing associate members of the Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA), we understand that drinks production, brewing and distilling come with their own risks as well as rewards. Our dedicated Masterbrew team has extensive knowledge of the sector and is at the forefront of creating new insurance products to recognise the ever-changing advancements in techniques and technology within your industry.
Never a one size fits all approach, our Masterbrew team have access to a panel of insurers offering specialist cover. We will work closely with you to understand your business and package together all the right ingredients to develop a policy that gives you peace of mind.
So that you can concentrate on the delivering the perfect pint, we can provide insurance cover for:
- Goods in transit within the UK and overseas
- Loss of brew due to contaminated yeast
- Stock held at third party premises
- Seasonal increases in stock for peak periods
- Casks kept in locked compounds or containers
- Product liability for spent product that is sold on
IT, Property & Revenue
- Property damage and plant/equipment breakdown
- Liability insurance for breweries
- IT equipment failure and related operational costs
- Business interruption for loss of income up to 24 months
- Cash held at brewery premises or in transit
Events & Staff
- Liability insurance for employees, public and products supplied
- Legal expenses for a range of requirements
- Attendance at markets, festivals, fayres, and exhibitions
Additional safety and employment benefits
In partnership with QDOS Consulting, you will have unlimited access to a 24/7 support line and specialist website. This will offer you access to 150 easy to use templates covering health and safety matters and advice on employment compliance.
Optional cover is also available for:
- Inspection of plant and equipment
- Brewery taps and associated businesses
- Personal accident cover for staff members
- Theft and fraud internal to the business
- Full crime cover that includes cybercrime
- Single commercial vehicle to full fleet
- Loss of licence
We’ll provide you with a dedicated point of contact in our Masterbrew team who will work closely with you and your business to establish your priorities and plans for the future.